How do I write DVDs

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Sun Jul 16 16:13:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Margaret_Doll wrote:

>>> I write CD-R on my RedHat Enterprise system by creating the image using
>>>
>>> 	mkisofs -R -o outputname.iso directory-to-be-copied
>>> 		cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=/dev/cdwriter:@ outputname.iso
>>>

>>> How do I modify those commands to write a DVD-r?
>>> Do I need other software?
>>
>> Lookup growisofs and cdrecord-ProDVD
>
> I found that growisofs is part of dvd+rw-tools.  You need gcc and g++ on your
> system to build and install this software.

I've got it installed, via RPM, as dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8-2 on my
system:

[mburger at burgers ~]$ which growisofs
/usr/bin/growisofs
[mburger at burgers ~]$ which growisofs | xargs rpm -qf
dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8-2

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit