Question on .xinitrc and .xsession

Bliss, Aaron ABliss at preferredcare.org
Mon Jul 17 17:57:37 UTC 2006

It seems that RedHat ES (at least version 4) is ignoring my .xsession
file; .xsession file is very simple:
I've verified that I don't have a .Xclients nor a .Xclients-default file
(I'm pretty sure using switchdesk would create these); any ideas?  P.S.
I wouldn't be against using switchdesk, I just can't figure how to run
commands after logging into the desktop other than by using .xsession at
init 5; also, I've verified that my .xinitrc works great when running at
init 3.  Thanks again.

Aaron

#!/bin/bash

xterm &
startkde

Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic message is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity named above and may contain privileged or confidential information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and destroy the copies you received.