Cluster Postfix

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Wed Jul 19 17:59:44 UTC 2006

Seems to me that you need, first, a shared backend store, where the mail
spools are written.

Then, you'll need either round robin MX records for your domain and mail
servers, all with equivalent priority so that connections are spread out,
or (better) a load balancer in front of your mail servers, so that you
have a physical network device to manage the load, appropriately.

On Wed, July 19, 2006 1:17 pm, Anmol Bedi wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Can somebody guide me how to setup postfix / qmail cluster solution so as
> handle mailing like 3000 per min. I have every type of infrastructure
> available. I want to know how I get start with clustering of the servers.
> have worked on postfix and have an experience of 2 years on postfix. Any
> help would be appreciated.
>

> I want to know if any articles / WebPages are available on internet for
> reference.
>

> Regards,
>
> Anmol Bedi
>

> RHCT, CCNA

Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit