NIS client on Windows

Jay Berryman jay.berryman at sitel.com
Fri Jul 21 13:30:51 UTC 2006

[mailto:redhat-list->bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Anjan Prasad
>Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 8:19 AM
>To: redhat-list at redhat.com
>Subject: NIS client on Windows
>
>Hi,
>

>I am having 2 questions.
>
>1) Can we configure NIS client on a windows, whereas server remaining on
>Linux. I am using Fedora core 3 for my NIS server and windows 2000
>professional as
>    my NIS client.
>2) how to login to a ADS server with a username from linux system
>
>Please let me know if any one finds the procedure for implementing the
>same.
>

>Regards,
>Anjan
>--

I can't answer your first question, but I can answer your second question.
You can authenticate to an ADS server in a couple of different ways.  You
can use Kerberos or LDAP.  I find Kerberos to be the easier of the two.  The
easiest way to setup Kerberos authentication is to run
system-config-authentication and put your domain name in for the realm and
KDC.  Then put in the host info of your PDC as your admin server.

Jay Berryman, RHCT, RHCE
Systems Engineer
Phone:  (402)-963-6347
E-Mail:  Jay.Berryman at sitel.com

addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient, or the
authorized agent of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
received this communication in error, please notify SITEL immediately by
telephone at 402.963.6001 and delete the message and any attachments from
your system. Thank you for your cooperation.