Problem with CODEC L3 interface:'module license unspecified taints kernel'

Ntin Kumar Garg nitingarg at tataelxsi.co.in
Mon Jul 24 06:41:40 UTC 2006

Hi,
We are designing a handheld television receiver for a future market. We are
using Linux-2.6.11 OS in our Design. We are in the final stage. In our
hardware we are using Phillips UDA1341 Audio CODEC. For this CODEC I have
written a driver for L3 interface(interface for configuring the CODEC chip
through Pxa255). In this driver simply i am writing the address and the data
on the chip and configuring the parameters for the CODEC. The Driver is
compiling successfully but when I am loading it it's showing 'module license
unspecified taints kernel' and its not executing the init function of the
driver. While i am specifying the license clearly in the module as
MODULE_LICENSE("GPL").
Do let me know what is the problem. Why it's not loading the module?
Please help me out...

Regards
Nitin Kumar Garg
Tata Elxsi Ltd.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s)and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender or administrator at tataelxsi.co.in