HP Trap Alerts

Paul Crittenden paul.crittenden at simpson.edu
Thu Jul 27 16:56:29 UTC 2006

We are running RHE 4.0 on an HP DL385. Up until a week ago we had no
problems. Since last Thursday and periodically since then the server has
rebooted with HP ASR trap alerts being the only indication that it
happened. The only thing that changed is that on Friday, July 14, I
updated the server with patches from Redhat. I know that a new kernel
was part of this update and am assuming that may be the problem.  I know
we used to be able to choose which kernel to boot, although I don't know
for sure if it was available in RHE 4.0. How can I go back to an older
kernel and see if this fixes my problem? Does anyone have any other
suggestions.

Paul Crittenden

Computer Systems Manager

Simpson College