upgrade Rhel3

Tom Hansen tomh at uwm.edu
Mon Jul 31 13:29:15 UTC 2006

I would add that, in most cases, when you upgrade the kernel (which is
basically what the update level in RHEL refers to), the old kernel is
left still installed and is shown on the boot menu, but the new kernel
is the default.  This allow you to easily revert back to the old kernel
if any problems occur with the new kernel.  That did save me once when a
particular application didn't like the new kernel.