Automounts are not working

John O'Loughlin j.oloughlin at qmul.ac.uk
Mon Jul 31 21:29:35 UTC 2006

Try

rpcinfo -p the_nfs_server

it should show you its running portmap, nfs etc
if not you will need to restart portmap (or determine why its not
available) and maybe nfs on the server

if rpcinfo show the services running  then try
showmount -e the_nfs_server
to see list of exports

I've seen nfs servers under a heavy load, where load_avg > 10 and rpc just
times out

John