crazy file permission question

Wayne Pinette Wpinette at tru.ca
Mon Jul 31 22:09:49 UTC 2006

Ok, so due to reasons that are kind of annoying, but none the less
legitimate enough for me to post the question, I have a redhat server
here in which all newly created files need to have the file permissions
rwxr-xr-x  (755).  These files are created when the clients sftp them to
the their specific directories.
The problem of course is set umask subtracts from the default mask and
the default umask for text files is 666 not 777.  Unfortunately I need
ALL files to be 755, so the question is, how can I change the default
mask to be 777 for all files so set umask works?

Wayner