SATA Driver Image Partition

gjmlinux at softhome.net gjmlinux at softhome.net
Thu Jun 1 13:42:30 UTC 2006

Hi Dag, I give you all data that I've, I'm using a Red Hat Enterprise 4 on a
Server HP ML150 with 2 Hard Drives Maxtor of 250gb and a 1 GB Ram.
When I started with Knoppix to use QTParted, Knoppix doesn't show me the
sda1 and sda2... same with Ubuntu 5.10.  When I started partimage from
Knoppix does not show my Hard Drives.  I don't know what happend,  when bios
start up look for SCSI drives and found it, Healthy.
No error is showed in any time..

The topics is that,  Time ago the configuration was LMV, but one of the
Volumes crash down and I'could not repair it.  I lost all the configuration.
After lookup for information about the problem I realize that many users
were unhappy using LVM, cause is very difficult to recover.  "They said"
that was better to make partitions manually and make frecuently backup of
image partitions.   Well, that's my spot now, I reinstall the Red Hat and
now I wanna to make this partitions backup but can't see it !

My disk configurations:

sda1     100 mb    boot
sda2      20 gb    /
sda3       4 gb    swap
sda5     200 gb    home
sda6      15 gb    var

sdb1       4 gb    swap
sdb2    (no partition yet - reseved for partition backups)

I don't know if is enought info ?

Thks