PAM and wheel issues

Lunt, Nick Nick.Lunt at wesleyan.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 15:00:11 UTC 2006

After posting my question on the HP ITRC here http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1036430 it appears that pam-0.79-8 works by adding the root_only option to /etc/pam.d/su .

But adding this option to the latest version of redhats pam rpm (currently pam-0.77-66.14) I get these errors in /var/log/messages:

Jun 21 15:55:43 fudge PAM-Wheel[30822]: pam_parse: unknown option; root_only

So I guess were screwed until redhat get their pam rpm's sorted.

Cheers,
Nick .