HELP!? Any files I should NOT restore?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at herffjones.com
Thu Jun 22 22:53:55 UTC 2006

Are there any files I should NOT restore when performing a "full system"
restore of Redhat Enterprise 3 (Update 6)?

For example, under HPUX after doing a fresh system install, I'd exclude
the following "seven deadly files" when restoring over top of the
running OS:
/etc/lvmtab
/etc/fstab
/etc/mnttab
/etc/lvmconf/
/dev/
/etc/ioconfig/
/stand/ioconfig/

The obvious equivalents under RHEL for lvmtab and lvmconf are
/etc/lvmtab, /etc/lvmconf, and /etc/lvmtab.d.

The obvious equivalents for /etc/fstab and /etc/mnttab are /etc/fstab
and /etc/mtab.

The obvious equivalent for /dev is /dev.

Is there an equivalent for /etc/ioconfig and /stand/ioconfig?  Are there
other files I should NOT restore?  Anything under /boot, perhaps?

--
Trever