Old kernel version in use even after upgrade. Please suggest.

Russell Harrison rtlm10 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 06:27:06 UTC 2006

yum and up2date do the same thing.  They install rpms.  updating your rpms
using up2date should have the same outcome as updating using yum.  We use
yum for all of our updates and have no problems.

I suspect Mike is correct and you'll need to reboot to pick up the new
kernel.  It would be wise to check /etc/grub.conf as well just to make sure
the rpm did everything correctly.