Red Hat updates

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Jun 29 14:21:53 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 08:05:56AM -0500, Esquivel, Vicente wrote:
> Can anyone share how they get updates for their test
> enviroment(non-production) systems running RHEL ES or AS?

For starters, you need a subscription for your test environments too.
If you plan on installing RHEL ES or AS on your test systems, they
*must* be subscribed as long as your production systems have
subscriptions - that's in the Red Hat subscription agreement.

On the other hand, you could run a 3rd-party rebuild of RHEL sources
(CentOS, WBL, etc.) and get a "close-enough" test environment.  The
rebuilds aren't 100% - some stuff could fail whereas they'll work with
RHEL binaries - but it might suit your purposes.

For my organization, we typically subscribe our test systems too.  The
only rebuild running here is in a virtual machine on my desktop.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA