Re: ES ISO Download w/o RHN?

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 06:54:59PM -0400, Michael B Allen wrote:
> Can I get ISOs for RedHat Enterprise Linux ES (or AS) without paying
> anything? I subscribed to RHN but I can't download anyting without
> purchasing.

You can't subscribe to RHN without purchasing - how do you think you
subscribed?  If you successfully subscribed, then you have access to the
ISOs.

> I just want to test my software. Is there a "test drive" host I can
> access?

There is a test drive on the Red Hat web site and there are pre-built
virtual machines on the VMware site.

> If no and no then is there much difference between the latest fedora
> and ES? I'm thinking specifically of directory layout (e.g.
> /etc/php.d) and such.

There is a lot of difference but not in directory layout.  Please tell
us what problem it is you're trying to solve...

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA