Re: Regarding top command

On Jun 2, 2006, at 2:02 AM, Krishnaprasad wrote:

Hi all
Is there any way to run top command as a background process?

I have tried "top -n1 &" and then "fg %1". it works fine from the terminal but from a script i am not able to call fg command.

Is there any other way for this ..

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but this sort of does what you're asking:

screen top

ctrl-a ctrl-d

Then to get it back, you can do:

screen -x

Hopefully this gets you what you need. I don't have my RedHat box handy, but it worked on an Ubuntu laptop.

-Michael

|   Michael Johnson          |   Sr. Systems Engineer     |
|   mjohnson coderyte com    |   CodeRyte                 |
|   +1-301-951-5315          |   http://www.coderyte.com/ |