listing a huge amount of file on one file system

Russell Harrison rtlm10 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 17:00:05 UTC 2006

Vince,

find will work better for you in that situation.  Its still going to take a
god awfull long time but at least you'll be able to see it while it works.

find . -maxdepth 1

There are several different ways to have the output go to a file within find
itself rather than just redirecting the output.  You can look them up in the
ACTIONS section of the man page.

Russell