Maximum length for hostname.

Hi,
  I have RHEL4.0ASU1. The maximum length of hostname that I can use is 64 characters. Where is this value set and can we changes that.
Does this maximum length of hostname depends on Kernel.

Regards
A.Williams
IN THIS WORLD FULL OF DREAMS AND IMAGINATION, LOOK FOR POSSIBILITIES...

 Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger Download now