-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Jack Challen
Sent: 08 June 2006 09:49
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: Boot loader problem after addiing SCSI disk

Chiu, PCM (Peter) wrote:
> The old sda and sdb are two internal raided file systems on two 3ware
> 8 port PATA controllers, and the new one is an external raid brick fed

> through a USCSI 160 controller.

The ordering of sda, sdb, etc is determined (usually!) by the order in
which the disks are seen by the host. This is often governed by SCSI ID
in the case of a single bus, but you've got two buses. What I've done
before is put the new card so that it's seen "after" the existing one.
In your case, assuming these are both PCI cards, you can probably try
swapping the cards round.

jack
--
Jack Challen