WinNT4 to RHEL 4 + Samba + LDAP

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Jun 8 18:33:04 UTC 2006

Peter--

Not sure if you need to upgrade or not; our RHEL 4 Samba PDC is using
Samba 3.0.21c.

You should see if Dag Wieers' repository maintains newer copies first;
it makes upgrading a lot slicker and easier.  If not, you should be
able to get newer copies from samba.org and openldap.org.

Running copies of any software that doesn't come directory from Redhat
basically invalidates your support contract for those items.  If you
set up Samba from anything besides the Redhat-official RPM, you'll
probably have difficulty getting support on it from them.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University