Turn off screen saver

Peter Blajev pblajev at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 13 00:05:00 UTC 2006

Hi,

my screen goes black after 10 min. (or 15min. - not sure) of inactivity.

How do I setup my box so the screen will never go black, or in safe mode or
anything like this?

What I did so far is:
  - in ControlCenter/Peripherals/Display/PowerControl I uncheck the box
"Enable display power management".

 - in /etc/X11/xorg.conf in the Monitor section I removed the line:
  Option "dpms"

and still if I leave it for 10-15min. the screen still goes black and wakes up
when I move the mouse or press some key on the keyboard.

I need the screen to be up and running all the time.

OS: Red Hat EL 4 AS
Kernel: 2.6.9-34.0.1.EL
KDE: 3.3.1

Please let me know if you need more info.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help.

-- Peter