RE: Turn off screen saver

In text mode I use "setterm blank -0"

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Peter Blajev
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 5:05 PM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: Turn off screen saver

Hi,

my screen goes black after 10 min. (or 15min. - not sure) of inactivity.

How do I setup my box so the screen will never go black, or in safe mode
or anything like this?

What I did so far is:
  - in ControlCenter/Peripherals/Display/PowerControl I uncheck the box
"Enable display power management".

 - in /etc/X11/xorg.conf in the Monitor section I removed the line:
  Option "dpms"

and still if I leave it for 10-15min. the screen still goes black and
wakes up when I move the mouse or press some key on the keyboard.

I need the screen to be up and running all the time.

OS: Red Hat EL 4 AS
Kernel: 2.6.9-34.0.1.EL
KDE: 3.3.1

Please let me know if you need more info.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help.

-- Peter