Re: Log analyzers

This is what you said nilesh vaghela
> You want find any single application for all.
>
> Need different for apache , Mail and proxy.
>

> On 6/14/06, Allen K. Smith <lazlor bigboy lotaris org> wrote:
>>
>> Might want to look at splunk as well. http://www.splunk.com/
>>
>> -Allen

>> any
>> Sawmill
>> provide

I am using sawmill v7.2 for analyzing squid, dansguardian, and apache logs
(on CentOS 4.3 x86_64 server).  I am running postfix, but do not use
sawmill for monitoring its logs.  Sawmill does support many log formats
though I am not convinced it is the best analyzer around.  It is sufficent
for what I need, but I do not consider it enterprise ready, but that is
just my opinion.

Scott