Turn off screen saver

Peter Blajev pblajev at ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 15 17:34:40 UTC 2006

Thank you guys for your help and sorry for the late reply.

I was working on a kiosk project and I choose a custom window manager called
twm-kiosk. Since this is going to be in a public area I don't want the screen
to go black.

Twm-kiosk runs a shell script when it starts so I collected different commands
related to monitor power management and dumped them in the script. Sorry, I
didn't have time to experiment and see which command exactly does the trick.
So I ended up with this:
---
/usr/bin/setterm -blank 0 > /dev/tty7
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset -dpms
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset s off
---

I don't think I need all of them and I'll definitely come back and experiment
more but the way it is now works for me.

Thanks
-- Peter