AbiWord rpm?

Clark, Patricia Clarkp at osti.gov
Thu Jun 15 19:42:42 UTC 2006

While I have found ancient Red Hat and more recent Fedora Core RPMs for
AbiWord, I have been unable to find a source for either RHEL3 or RHEL4.
I am trying to avoid compiling from source if possible - there are many
dependencies.  I've looked at freshmeat, dag.wieers, and rpmseek after
googling.  Is there another source for compiled Red Hat packages?  Also,
it appears that Red Hat had a package a few eons ago called powertools
that contained abiword.  Was there a reason for dropping it?

A followup question, is there a better package for converting html
and/or MS Word files into pdf files?

Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator - RHCT
Office of Scientific and Technical Information