Areas to clear out on Redhat Server

Andrew Bacchi bacchi at rpi.edu
Fri Jun 16 13:39:02 UTC 2006

df -h gives you a report on disk space.  How much is used, how much is
available and on which filesystem.  Did you try it?  It really is self
explanatory.

I would suspect that maybe one or more filesystems are full.  Likely /var.
The log files are usually rotated by logrotate, and only a few weeks worth
of logs are kept.  You really don't want to delete your logs.  Look around
using df -h and try to determine what is full, before deleteing anything.
Then figure out what is  very old, or not necessary.

You may want to rebuild the machine with larger partitions.