What is the best compatible file system for linux and windows?

Hi,

I just bought a new external harddisk for my backup, I plan to use it for my linux system and also my windows. Linux still can't write to ntfs (maybe can, but with warning), while windows can't read fat32 bigger than 32 GB (I think so) even though linux can write/read it. Is there any way that I can use my external harddisk for linux and windows the easy way? I don't want to create multiple partition on that disk.

Best Regards