Re: ssh protocol 2,1

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Bill Tangren wrote:

I have a question regarding ssh on RHEL ES4. The man pages indicates that Protocol 2,1 is enabled by default. Could someone explain the logic of this to me? I thought Protocol 1 had a security flaw.

That would cause SSHD to require protocol 2, first, then fall back to protocol 1 if the client isn't protocol 2 capable.

If you want to restrict sshd to just protocol 2, remove the ",1".
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS