Re: Zone Files

You need to edit the zone file present with the hosting provider. change
entry for www and for mail exchanger record (MX)

Regards,
Anmol Bedi
Systems Administrator
RHCT, CCNA

On 6/21/06, pons <madunix gmail com> wrote:

I am in the middle of moving my web/mail server to a new server and
putting
them on new IP's (different hosting ISP).
I want to change the direction of my http client and smtp client requests
from hitting the old one to the new server,
so in this case which zone files do i need to request from my old ISP, to
prepare zone templates on my new server (new ISP)
to avoid surfers from going to old server/IP.
My domain (WWW/SMTP) name will not change , the redirection will require
only to change the IP.
Thanks
--
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (TH Aachen)
Communications/Network and Systems Engineer