Re: COLLISIONS

the collisions are increasing i have tried changing
the cable and also the network switch.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc Wiatrowski" <wia iglass net>
To: "'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'" <redhat-list redhat com>
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 16:33
Subject: RE: COLLISIONS

-----Original Message-----
From: winston
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 9:03 AM
To: 'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'
Hi ,
I am getting a collision on my my eth1 which is connected
to my lan . when i do an ifconfig what could be the problem
is it the NIC or the LAN cause i do not have ip's on my network
that are conflicting. how do i troubleshoot this problem

I probably wouldn't worry about "a collision" as in one, but if you
mean many and its still incrementing, you may want to look at one side set to full duplex w/ the other set to half, bad cable, to long a run...

marc

- This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
 intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received
 this email in error you may not disclose, copy, distribute or act
upon its contents without the authors prior written consent. Please can you notify the system manager at postmaster somak-nairobi com
 immediately and delete this email.
- Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author and do not
 necessarily represent those of Somak Travel Limited, Kenya.
- This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept
 for the presence of computer viruses. No responsibility can be
 accepted in the event that a virus is contained within it or any
 attachments.
- SOMAK TRAVEL LTD - KENYA
 NAIROBI, PO BOX 48495. Tel: +(25420) 557832 Fax:+(25420) 535175
 MOMBASA, PO BOX 90738. Tel: +(25441)5486197 Fax:+(25441)5487324