Quick question on awk usage

Bliss, Aaron ABliss at preferredcare.org
Tue Jun 27 15:00:33 UTC 2006

Hi everyone, I have a quick question on using awk from the command line;
I have a tab delimited file, and would like to know the syntax to print
the entire line only when $12 == 575; the syntax from the command line
to print only $1 would be cat security.log | awk '{print $1}' ; any
ideas (grepping for 578 won't be good enough since it's possible that
578 could appear somewhere else in the file)  Thanks very much.

Aaron

Jun 25 15:54:02 ms-unix-s02.preferredcare.org MSWinEventLog      4
Security        263985  Sun Jun 25 15:54:02 2006        528
Jun 25 15:54:02 ms-unix-s02.preferredcare.org MSWinEventLog      4
Security        263985  Sun Jun 25 15:54:02 2006        575

Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic message is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity named above and may contain privileged or confidential information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and destroy the copies you received.