Mysterious problem driving me crazy! (network? apache? php? firewall?)

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 05:13:44 UTC 2006

I agree with Scott along the lines of MAC addresses being the problem. But
I'm thinking along the lines of ARP cache. You may have a problem with the
ARP tables still being fresh or persistent in your network somewhere. I'd
start with the edge router and then go down to your Firewall. IMHO, It's not
the local machines itself, it's something upstream in your network which is
why you're ok from inside the network. You made no mention of what's in
front of these web-servers and have not indicated that you've done any
troubleshooting beyond the web-server machines itself.

In sort, clear out your ARP caches in all upstream network components
starting from your edge-router (this along should fix the problem), if not,
then clear it in your firewall or upstream switch.

Good Luck
\R