[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: Rotating wtmp



logrotate -f

man logrotate.

On 6/28/06, Poluri, Ramachandra Rao <rp230050 ncr com> wrote:
Don't we have a command to do so..forcing rotation..

-Ramachandra.

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Serge Dubrouski
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:10 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: Rotating wtmp

cp /var/log/wtmp /var/log/wtmp.old
cp /dev/null /var/log/wtmp

if yopu don't want to make a copy.

On 6/28/06, Poluri, Ramachandra Rao <rp230050 ncr com> wrote:
> I want to force the rotation of wtmp right now..
> How can we do it??
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
> [mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Serge Dubrouski
> Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:01 PM
> To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
> Subject: Re: Rotating wtmp
>
> /var/log/wtmp {
>    monthly
>    create 0664 root utmp
>    rotate 1
> }
>
> in the /etc/logrotate.conf
>
> On 6/28/06, Poluri, Ramachandra Rao <rp230050 ncr com> wrote:
> > Frnds..
> >
> > How do we rotate /var/log/wtmp ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > -Ramachandra.
> > --
> > redhat-list mailing list
> > unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request redhat com?subjectunsubscribe
> > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
> >
>
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request redhat com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
>
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request redhat com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
>

--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request redhat com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list

--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request redhat com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list




[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]