Re: Normal to have 14 httpd processes?

Depends on your Apache configuration.

Check StartServers, MinSpareServers, MaxSpareServers in your httpd.conf file.
Check Apache documentation for the details.

On 6/28/06, Chris W. Parker <cparker swatgear com> wrote:
Hello,

I just noticed that I've got 14 httpd processes all using about ~23 MB
of virtual memory. One of the services is owned by root and the other 13
are owned by apache. Our site is by no means high traffic. In fact, it's
very low traffic. And on top of that the load average is currently at
0.00.

Normal? Abnormal?

Thanks,
Chris.