scp copy between linux server has stopped in between and the serveris not responding.

Nikkilä Tommi tommi.nikkila at wmdata.fi
Mon Mar 6 06:40:26 UTC 2006

Try running your command with strace. The last 20 or so lines are the ones to look out when the process crashes. Just look for anything interesting on those lines and Google it (or ask here!). That should get you started.

Of course, if the situation does not re-occure, strace will not help you - then you are left with only the log files which usually do not reveal much on this kind of situations.

-- Tommi