Reducing Coverage of Wireless Cards

Matthew Goh chernhup at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 8 15:43:05 UTC 2006

Hello:

I'm currently involved in a project that demostrates the multi hop function
in a mobile ad hoc network. We are building our setup based on Stargate with
PCMCIA wireless cards attatched to it. However considering the large area of
coverage as well as the limited test area that we have, we are kind of
unable to demostrate to demostrate the multi hop function. We are looking
into ways to reduce the area of coveage of each wireless cards. As such, i
was wondering if any of the stargates users have any ways of reducing the
area of coverage of the PCMCIA wireless cards?

One of the method i heard of is to used Aluminium foil to wrap around the
wireless cards.

Is there any other effective ways of reducing the area of coverage of the
PCMCIA wireless cards?

Any suggestion are welcomed

Thank you