need ur help

sanjeev das sanjeev_ddas at rediffmail.com
Mon Mar 20 14:19:04 UTC 2006

Hi everyone

I need your regarding redundant processor switchover
well I have my two processors, one acting as active
& the other one as standby...the moment active one goes
down the standby should become active....for that I need
to use same IP address for both processors...coz the moment
standby will become active it will also start sending & receiving
packets....(so should have the same source/dest IP, coz the outside
world will send/recv packets to that address only...)

how can I configure such scenarios.....
I tried with VRRP...but the main disadvt. is that
the standby(or backup) processor can only support
forwarding (when it becomes active)...if any packet is
destined to itself, it wont respond....but in my case
it should not behave this way...

Is there as such any package available....?
or can I do it in other way...?