RHEL kernel update install problem!

Herta Van den Eynde herta.vandeneynde at cc.kuleuven.be
Tue Mar 21 19:44:15 UTC 2006

Sancho,

The grub boot list is constructed from /etc/grub.conf which normally is
a softlink to /boot/grub/grub.conf.  Each entry in the grub menu starts
with the "title" tag, so you can try to construct a new entry along the
same lines, referencing your new kernel and (usually) corresponding
initrd.  The "default" tag indicates which entry will be started by
default.  First entry is entry 0.

Hope this helps,

Herta

--
Herta Van den Eynde              -=- Toledo system management
K.U. Leuven - Ludit              -=- phone: +32 (0)16 322 166

"Life on Earth may be expensive,
  but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."