Cups printing problem

Greg Wiggill gregw at pronto.com.au
Mon Mar 27 22:48:24 UTC 2006

Hi All,
        my cups printing fails/stops particularly Monday mornings.

        I have added a script which does a 'service cups restart' every
10 mins. This worked well up until last night when it just FAILED
repeatedly. I have managed to start it manually.

        In my cups error_log I have seen

        'LoadDevices: Backend did not respond within 30 seconds'  and
'Scheduler shutting down due to SIGTERM'

        could redundant lpd queues create a problem ?

Thanks
Greg