which file control TIME Zone?

David Tonhofer, m-plify S.A. d.tonhofer at m-plify.com
Tue Mar 28 18:49:36 UTC 2006

--On Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:59 PM +0800 mcclnx mcc <mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw> wrote:

> I have been test  Daylight saving time on REDHAT AS
> 3.6.  All cron jobs between 2:00 A.M. to 3:00 A.M.
> will not execute.
>
> We also have SUN Solaris servers, but SUN understand
> it and will execute  cron jobs .
>
> Does anyone know how to make it run on Redhat LINUX
> system?
>
> which file control Time ZOne setup?
>
> Thanks.

Is'nt it normal that the cronjobs won't execute? After
all, the time interval is missing.

The cron log:

Mar 26 01:55:01 yui crond[29681]
Mar 26 01:59:01 yui crond[30949]
Mar 26 01:59:01 yui crond[30950]
Mar 26 03:00:01 yui crond[31249] <-- works
Mar 26 03:00:01 yui crond[31254]
Mar 26 03:00:01 yui crond[31255]

Using anacron would probabyl fix this.

This old message may help more. I had some problems with timezoning
in RH ES 4.0, and: