why is web traffic being written to the rotated log file?

Tom Callahan callahant at tessco.com
Wed Mar 29 21:38:01 UTC 2006

I would assume you could also use rotatelogs, which according to my man
page, is included with Apache HTTP Server...

usage in your httpd.conf would be as follows:
CustomLog "|/path/to/bin/rotatelogs /path/to/logs/sitename-access_log
86400 -240" mediahouse
ErrorLog "|/path/to/bin/rotatelogs /path/to/logs/sitename-error_log
86400 -240" mediahouse

That's what we do....rotates about every 24 hours
< man rotatelogs > for more information

Tom Callahan
TESSCO Technologies
Desk: (410)-229-1361
Cell: (410)-588-7605
Email: callahant at tessco.com

A real engineer only resorts to documentation when the keyboard dents on the forehead get too noticeable.