Homepage editing problem

Bliss, Aaron ABliss at preferredcare.org
Thu Mar 2 21:16:02 UTC 2006

What I would do would be to chgrp -R group webfilesdir where group is the group that should have write access to those files; check /etc/group to see who is in the group called group and then make sure that files perms are nothing more that 775 recursively on your web content using ls -l (774 would be the best).  See man chgrp, chown, chmod  Also make sure that the user your running your webserver as doesn't own any content and isn't in the group that will own your webcontent.  Also, you might want to make a quick backup using cp -rp before doing anything above.

Aaron