Journaling File System

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sat Mar 4 14:44:39 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 03:01:01AM -0600, inode0 wrote:
> On 3/3/06, Ed Wilts <ewilts at ewilts.org> wrote:
> > I do not believe that Red Hat enables the JFS module and that if you
> > build your own kernel, you lose support on that kernel.
>
> If you roll your own kernel that makes sense but if you just add the
> missing module does that have support ramifications beyond Red Hat not
> supporting the JFS module?

>From Red Hat's knowledgebase:

"Systems using a kernel recompiled from source (including from the Red
Hat supplied kernel source RPMs) or a binary kernel supplied by a third
party are not supported by Red Hat. If you experience a problem while
using a recompiled or third party-supplied binary kernel, we will ask
you to substitute one of the Red Hat supplied kernels from an RPM and
attempt to recreate the problem. If the problem persists while using the
Red Hat supplied kernel we will be able to offer support for this
configuration. We are only able to offer support for problems
experienced using a Red Hat supplied kernel."

If you need clarification, I suggest you log a support call.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA