scp copy between linux server has stopped in between and the server is not responding.

unix syzadmin unixsyzadmin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 04:25:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

scp copy between linux servershas stopped and the server is not responding.
I had to restart the server into which I was copying the files.  How do I
find the root cause.  Please suggest.

I had initiated a scp recursive copy of around 75GB from a linux server of
one office to another. The servers are running RHEL AS3 and RHEL AS4
respectively.
We have a link of 8Mbps between the two offices.  I initiated the copy on
friday evening, expecting it to complete over the weekend.

Thanks & Regards,
-GnanaShekar-