perl problems

Paul Crittenden paul.crittenden at simpson.edu
Mon Mar 6 20:38:28 UTC 2006

I am trying to set up a test email server with spamassassin and clamav
and need several perl modules installed. I am running Fedora Core4. When
I try to get into cpan ftp connections time out and will not connect.
ftp works fine to server here on campus but I can't connect to anything
off campus. I have turned off the fire wall and SELinux but to no avail.
Ftp and cpan work fine on other servers some running Fedora and other
versions of linux/unix. Can anybody give me a clue what may be going on?

Paul Crittenden

Computer Systems Manager

Simpson College

Phone: 515-961-1680