About NFS Server Configuration

Michael Christian mchristianjr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 19:41:18 UTC 2006

The directory can be exported using several options, read the manpage for
"exports"

Otherwise, the permissions are going to be the same as they would on the
native host, provided that the uid's and gid's on all systems re identical.

If all clients are accessing the same directory, and yournot using user
level permissions then it might be best to have an entry in /etc/exports for
each client that you anticipate to connect.  But this sounds like a bit of a
band aid...

On 3/8/06, Ciril Ignatious T <ciril at hcl.in> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I want to set up an NFS Server for our Linux Network.I am using Red hat
> Advanced Server 3.0 update2.
> Is it possible for user level authentication for the NFS server.?
>
> I read  that nfs is having host/IP based authentication.
> We are having so many linux clients and each client must mount same nfs
> partitions with different permissions.Is there any way to achieve this.?
>
> Ciril

Michael S. Christian Jr.