agpgart: agpgart_backend_initialize() failed

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 13:42:28 UTC 2006

Hello, yesterday I updated our RedHat Enterprise Server 4.2 to 4.3.
First I updated all of the packages and then I installed the new
kernel and kernel-utils. When I did a reboot everything seems to work
fine, including Xorg, but I'm getting these errors in my dmesg log:

Linux agpgart interface v0.100 (c) Dave Jones
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 941M
agpgart: unable to determine aperture size.
agpgart: agp_backend_initialize() failed.
agpgart-serverworks: probe of 0000:00:00.0 failed with error -22
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 941M
agpgart: unable to determine aperture size.
agpgart: agp_backend_initialize() failed.
agpgart-serverworks: probe of 0000:00:00.1 failed with error -22
agpgart: Detected ServerWorks CNB20HE chipset: No AGP present.
agpgart: Detected ServerWorks CNB20HE chipset: No AGP present.

Like I said everything seems to be working fine so I'm not too
worried about it, but I would like to know if this is something that
I can fix so it doesn't cause  a problem or just so it stops giving a
warning.

I did some google searching and found (like I suspected) that it has
to do with a kernel video module. From the message above, it seems to
fail and then find the right chipset. Should I just disregard these?

Thank you,

Romeo