NICs not Deteceted in RedHat ES 4

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sat Mar 11 02:24:18 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 05:08:33PM -0800, Harjinder Singh wrote:
> The Network cards do show up in lspci.
>
> in system configuration what would i need to put for name (eth0?) and device?
>
> will i have to do it for both cards?

There aren't really two cards - just two interfaces - and you typically
give the nickname the same as the device.  In your case, it would be
eth0 and eth1.  The documentation on system-config-network is at:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-network-config.html

        .../Ed