change ownership issue

Andrew Bacchi bacchi at rpi.edu
Tue Mar 14 16:55:33 UTC 2006

If it's a manageable number of users, I would create a common group, add
all users uid and the application uid to that group.  Then chgrp the
file to the common group with write permission.  As you create new
users, add them to the common group as well ad their own group.

chgrp commongroup filename
chmod g+w filename

--
veritatis simplex oratio est