RHEL AS 3 is NIS server, but cannot login using NIS id from AIX and HP-Unix NIS clients

jerome dsilva djerome123 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 11:16:56 UTC 2006

Hi Gnanasekar,
DIsable the md5 and blowfish auth in your config. This
can be done using system-conig-authentication.
As I know HPUx doesn't support md5 and AIX may also
not.
Once this change is done on the server, the users have
to change the passwords once directly on the NIS
server.
Let me know how it does about

Regards
Jerome